Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Insurance (Exam Required)
To qualify for a 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License, an applicant must complete each of the items below and/or meet the associated requirements, as well as sit for their state exam (if required):
Per the Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services, Bureau of Licensing, an applicant for a 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a bona fide resident of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien with a work authorization. Click herefor more information about citizenship requirements.
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Section 626.833, Florida Statutes.
- Not be a funeral director or direct disposer, or an employee or representative thereof, or have an office in or in connection with a funeral establishment.
o NOTE: Click here and review the Special Note section for exceptions to this rule.
- Be fingerprinted. Click herefor more information on fingerprinting requirements for both Resident and Non-Resident applications.
- Complete application and license fees. Click herefor a complete list of Payment Methods and Fees.
- Complete a 60 hour approved insurance course for life and health, including variable annuity insurance, which must be completed within 4 years of the application date. You can meet this requirement by completing our state-approved Florida 2-15 Health & Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Pre-License Course (Provider ID: 364598, Course Offering ID 1053574). An electronic copy of your completion certificate will be automatically sent to the Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Licensing, upon your successful completion of the course.
o Click here and review the information under Step 2 for alternate options for meeting this prerequisite requirement.
For more information visit the following websites: