Learn About Medicare
We’re here to help make learning about your health care options as easy as possible. When you’re ready for Medicare. Everyone is different when it comes to health care and prescription drug coverage, and there’s no such thing as “one size fits all.” Discover how Medicare works and the Medicare coverage options available from Florida Blue.
What is Medicare
Medicare is federal health insurance offered primarily to people over age 65 and individuals under 65 who have disabilities. As one of Florida’s oldest and largest health plan providers, we’re focused on providing personal attention to the people we serve. We can help you navigate through the complexities of your Medicare health care and prescription drug options.
Getting started with Medicare
So you’re going to be turning 65, the age when most people first become eligible for Medicare. Now what? Well, depending on your individual situation, you may or may not have to enroll in Medicare. Most people age 65 and older who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. are eligible for Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) without paying a monthly plan premium.
LET US HELP YOU SIMPLIFY MEDICARE, ASK OUR EXPERTS.
Family & Individual
- All preventive care at no cost
- Largest specialist network
- Available in all Florida counties
- Option of choosing coverage to fit your individual needs.
- Help cover out of pocket deductible and co-payment expenses.
- Protect your family from the financial impact.
- The #1 Dental Network in Florida
- No pre-existing condition limitations
- Preventive services such as check- ups and cleaning are covered at little or not cost to you